Seacliff Home Inspections
8 AM - 10 PM
About Howard WalshExperienced, Trained And Certified
My name is Howard Walsh, and I am the owner of Seacliff Inspections. Building on over 30 years combined experience (home renovations, home inspections, technical support, customer service and management), continuing education, and proven analytical skills, I am dedicated to providing you the very best home inspection service available today. Though a background in construction is always beneficial, the requirements for a good inspector also include specialized training and highly-developed detective skills. The relationships between the multiple systems in a home are complex and takes someone with years of experience and critical thinking skills to identify and analyze all the potential issues that can arise. I have successfully completed my professional training in home inspection at St. Clair College. Home inspection training through community colleges ensures that your inspector has passed the basic requirements of the profession. The successful completion of these courses requires a training commitment of at least one to two years, and the inspector must pass proctored exams held at the colleges. I have attained certification through both NACHI and The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), and have been awarded the status of Certified Master Inspector (CMI) by the Master Inspector Certification Board. This is the inspection industry's top professional designation and is awarded to qualifying inspectors who have demonstrated the highest level of competency.
Membership In Professional AssociationsMost inspectors who have gone to these lengths are also members of professional organizations like the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) or National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) or both. These organizations have a strict code of ethics, a standards of practice, and continuing educational requirements to maintain membership. Both ASHI and NACHI publish magazines to help keep your inspector on top of new issues regarding inspection and home safety. Membership in these associations can be confirmed by checking their respective websites.
Technical Background / Professional TrainingThe most valuable tool I have to offer is my experience. Coming from a highly-skilled technical service background, I have gone through extensive home inspection training, and receive refresher courses annually as a requirement of certification.
I have successfully completed my professional training in home inspection at St. Clair College. I am a member in good standing with ASHI, the leading North American home inspection association, and OntarioACHI, the Ontario Association of Certified Home Inspectors.
- Full-time home inspector
- Over 30 years combined experience (home renovations, home inspections, technical support, customer service and management)
- Over 18 years experience in the electronic / technical sector
- Certified by the American Society Of Home Inspectors (ASHI) - the Gold Standard for home inspectors
- Certified Master Inspector - Board-Certified by the Master Inspector Certification Board
- Member of Ontario Association of Certified Home Inspectors (OntarioACHI)
- IAC2 Mold Certified with the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants
- Realtor Independent
- Inspections are interactive and educational
- Strong communication / people skills
- Experienced, certified and trusted
- Unbiased, thorough, informative and professional
- Gay friendly
- Featured in Biz-X Magazine, February 2014, Home Inspections: Ontario Moving To Protect Consumers
- Featured in the book "The Ultimate Homeowner's Guide: Tips for Maintaining Peak Market Value for Your Home from Industry Professionals"
- Successfully completed the Carson-Dunlop's Home Inspection Program at St. Clair College in Windsor
- Trained by OAHI in Defect Recognition and Report Writing
- Electronics Technician, Diploma with Highest Honors, ICS Canada
- Successfully completed WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) training
- Created InspectionREPORT+ - a Home Inspection online reporting tool sold worldwide
- Proud supporter of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI), Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors (CAHPI), the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI), and the Independent Home Inspectors of North America (IHINA)
- Fully insured for Errors & Omissions, and General Liability